Home Version 16
Founded in 1979 by Master Hidetaka Nishiyama, the American Amateur Karate Federation (AAKF) is the National Traditional Karate governing body in the United States. It operates as a nationwide tax-exempt organization established under the U.S. Act of 1979 sanctioning sports governing bodies. The purpose of the AAKF is to benefit the physical and mental health of its members through the development of Traditional Karate.
AAKF continually develops the technical skill level of coaches, officials, and judges. It is also responsible for setting guidelines, and for sanctioning local, regional, and national Traditional Karate events. The AAKF is the sole U.S. representative to the World Traditional Karate-do Federation (WTKF) headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The AAKF is proud to sends its U.S. Team annually to participate in international tournaments.
Dojo Finder: Locate an AAKF Dojo near you:
Check Out Our New Website!
- Fresh New Look – Easy to read on any screen including mobile devices
- NEW Seizan® AAKF Blog and archived Seizan® AAKF Newsletter
- Updated Tournament and Event Listings
- NEW Dojo-Finder feature – Easily locate AAKF clubs throughout the US
- Updated online membership for Club & Regional Directors
The best way to stay on top of upcoming events is to like AAKF on Facebook
See upcoming seminars, tournaments, newsletters, posts, photos, and videosLike AAKF
Enjoy this Video from our Friends in Poland | “THIS IS KARATE”